Precise measurement of working hours should be done with time tracking software with a start and stop a timer, like Toggl
. Manual hours input through services like Harvest
still offer good time accounting if people use it on a daily basis. In well-organized companies, even the CEO tracks time. Correct time tracking without big delays could be part of the quarterly employee evaluation practice. Personal scheduling and time tracking with a dedicated software program like Timely
usually positively affect productivity.
Billable hours give you answers to the following important questions:
- How does actual time match the planned time on a project?
- How should we estimate a new similar project?
- How many hours did we spend on this project?
- Which projects received more contribution?
- How does the logged time match assignments?
collects information from any time tracker and segments it by office, client, project, department, role, and employee for any selected period.